Location: Oroshi, Toki-City, Gifu-Pref., Japan
Chef Ito practiced at Tsukiji Sushiko in Tokyo, one of the most popular Sushi restaurants, and opened Kifune more than 20 years ago. In the "NO-SEA Prefecture," GIFU, he carefully selects seafood at fish markets in the Nagoya area according to the customers' preferences and requests. He cooks ingredients in a season with simple and authentic decoration. Even fishers and fish dealers admire Chef Ito's dishes.
We have visited him for photo shooting of our new collections, and Mast Ito generously worked with us.
The tableware on the pictures are;
- C-3055: Mokume Plate Large (Black) with kudzu (Japanese arrowroot) cake and strawberry.
- C-3117: Green Rock Face Plate with Nigiri Sushi / Flatfish Sashimi.
- C-3020: Gold Kessho Leaf Bowl with Tatami Iwashi and Grilled Fish / Boiled King Crab.
- C-3054: Green Leaf Plate Large with Sashimi Platter.
- G-0064: Blue Ito Sake Bottle and Cup
- C-1483: Gold Uzumaki Plate with Raw Oysters.
- C-3050: Arita Cocoon Teapot and Cup
Other items on the pictures are also available at Miyake Ceramics.
We hope you got some idea of how to decorate Japanese plates.